Microsoft have released an advance notification for the updates that are due to be released next Tuesday.
Don't forget to prepare for the updates as I've outlined in an earlier entry - How To Prepare for Patch Tuesday.
On 14 November 2006 Microsoft is planning to release:Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification
Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
- One Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft XML Core Services. The highest Maximum Severity rating for this is Critical. These updates will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer. These updates will require a restart.
- Five Microsoft Security Bulletins affecting Microsoft Windows. The highest Maximum Severity rating for these is Critical. These updates will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer and the Enterprise Scan Tool. Some of these updates will require a restart.
Non-security High Priority updates on MU, WU, WSUS and SUS
- Microsoft will release an updated version of the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool on Windows Update, Microsoft Update, Windows Server Update Services and the Download Center.
Note that this tool will NOT be distributed using Software Update Services (SUS).
- Microsoft will release No NON-SECURITY High-Priority Updates for Windows on Windows Update (WU) and Software Update Services (SUS).
- Microsoft will release two NON-SECURITY High-Priority Updates on Microsoft Update (MU) and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
Microsoft will also be hosting a webcast on Wednesday November 15th 11:00 AM Pacific Time (US & Canada), for attendees to ask questions about the bulletins and get answers from the security experts.