Microsoft have released an advance notification for the normal monthly updates that are due to be released next Tuesday. Don't forget to prepare for the updates as I've outlined in an earlier entry - How To Prepare for Patch Tuesday.
On 13 November 2007 Microsoft is planning to release:
One Critical Bulletin.
- One Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Windows with a Maximum Severity rating of Critical. This update will require a restart and will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer.
One Important Bulletin.
- One Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Windows with a Maximum Severity rating of Important. This update may require a restart and will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer.
Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
- Microsoft will release an updated version of the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool on Windows Update, Microsoft Update, Windows Server Update Services and the Download Centre.
Non-security High Priority updates on MU, WU,WSUS and SUS
- Microsoft will release zero NON-SECURITY High-Priority Updates for Windows on Windows Update (WU)
- Microsoft will release three NON-SECURITY High-Priority Updates on Microsoft Update (MU) and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
Obtaining Other Security Updates
Updates for other security issues are available from the following locations:
- Security updates are available from Microsoft Download Center. You can find them most easily by doing a keyword search for "security update".
- Updates for consumer platforms are available from Microsoft Update.
- You can obtain the security updates offered this month on Windows Update, from Download Center on Security and Critical Releases ISO CD Image files. For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 913086