Friday, May 23, 2008

MacWindows

Since moving to Mac from Windows, it's been quite refreshing not having to keep multiple security programs running and updated. Sure, I still have several Windows machines here and have used them, but not so much anymore. Now that I have VMWare Fusion on my iMac with a 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 Gigs of RAM, and 24 inch screen, I can run them all. Now I need to get a 2nd display so I can run Windows Full screen side by side with OS X. I've got XP and Vista and can run them at the same time :) Though Aero won't work while I am running it in virtual machine. I can reboot to Vista using Bootcamp and Aero will pop on.

Anyways, with all the Windows going on, I'll need to keep up with the security stuff and will get back to updating here more. I haven't decided what changes there'll be, but I think a real template for this blog is past due. One thing to think about is what to display in updates. Most security programs these days have so many updates with similar names, that it's hard to pick out what it means. It used to be simple. A Look2Me here, a Vundo there and whatever the Zlob trojan was calling itself this week.

I'll see what i can come up with.

0 comments:

Sitemeter