Thursday, April 06, 2006

NOD32 - v.1.1475 (20060406)

NOD 32 Antivirus current update is v.1.1475 (20060406)

Threats updated include some of the following. Since the number of updated threats is quite alot, I'll include the important ones.

Win32/Adware.Altnet, Win32/Adware.Mirar, Win32/Adware.PurityScan (4), Win32/Adware.Virtumonde (2), Win32/Rootkit.Agent.BK, Win32/Rootkit.Agent.BR, Win32/Rootkit.Agent.Y (2), Win32/Spy.KeyLogger.FM (4)

All of the following Zlob ones are different varients of SmitFraud, which is the family name of SpyAxe, SpyFalcon, SpywareQuake, and many others. If you've seen or heard about the spyware that has the fake security warning that keeps popping up above your clock in Windows, then that's SmitFraud.

Win32/TrojanDownloader.Zlob, Win32/TrojanDownloader.Zlob.DC (2), Win32/TrojanDownloader.Zlob.GP, Win32/TrojanDownloader.Zlob.KE (4), Win32/TrojanDownloader.Zlob.KF

I already posted about how to remove the various types of SmitFraud on my other blog. What NOD 32 can do is prevent installation by blocking the bad files. You'll get a big red alert box telling you what was blocked. Whenever I have tested SpyFalcon or SpyAxe on my test computer, I can't have NOD32 running. It won't let me install the bad files.

http://www.eset.com/

0 comments:

Sitemeter