Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Validate Windows with Firefox

You can now validate your Windows and Office products using Firefox if you wish to.
You can get the the Windows Genuine Advantage validation plug-in for Firefox browser here

WGAPluginInstall places two files on your system. To verify your installation do the following;

  • Right-click the Start button, and then click Explore to open Windows Explorer.
  • Open the folder where you installed the Firefox Browser. The default location is C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox.
  • In the plugins subfolder, verify the presence of the npLegitCheckPlugin.dll file.
  • In the components subfolder, verify the presence of the nsILegitCheckPlugin.xpt file.

If you are missing any of these files, try running the WGAPluginInstall again to install the plug-ins.

I would like to be able to tell you that I have installed the plugins and they are working fine on my PC, but my ISP is throwing a bit of a wobbly tonight and I can't get to any Microsoft sites... Google was off limits too until about 5 minutes ago.

1 comments:

Blur said...

thanks- I just wanted to REMOVE these files

Sitemeter